To create a business strategy for a future product.
- $99.99 per unit
- Only for reading
- Does not strain the eyes (low blue light emissions)
- Has a back light and WiFi
- High-quality hardware
- Syncs with physical books to curate digital library
- Exterior shell displays the printed cover of the current book being read
- Young Adults (25-35 years old)
- Middle Class ($40K-$100K annual salary)
- Lives in a mature urban area
- Partner with book stores
- Reach those stores' physical book buyers
- Build a café at parchment's main office
- Invite customers to read on the premises
- Allow customers to interact with the readers for extended periods of time
- Create more product and company visibility
The charts show the start-up workflow and two stages of company growth.
Jasmine Lee will maintain control of parchment until the company becomes profitable.
- Office space - Based on the average cost per square foot in San Francisco in 2015
- Office equipment - Based on the cost of purchasing new laptops from Apple and office supplies from Office Max
- Employee salary - Based on the average entry-level salary for Silicon Valley
- Employee benefits - Estimated at 22% of the employee's salary
Other assumptions were made about company growth.