To design an existing product with the brand language of a company who currently does not create that product.
This project was completed in the spring of 2016.
Products considered for this project:
- Coffee machines
Coffee machines presented an interesting challenge: to pick the right brewing style to fit a brand.
Kate Spade Brand Language
A few key descriptors describe Kate Spade:
- Bold colors
- Metallic details
- Round fasteners
- Approachable feel
Addressing the descriptors:
- High-fashion - espresso machine
- Metallic details - gold parts
- Round fasteners - round buttons
- Approachable feel - rounded edges and soft pink color
There was still one quality to encapsulate: boldness.
After changing the color scheme to red, chrome, and silver, the espresso machine had boldness it was previously lacking.
These sketches display the following views:
- Front and back three-quarter views
- Orthographic views
- Exploded views of the exterior parts
- Final hero shot